Monday, December 08, 2008

Hhhmmm, your layout still looks the same

That's what my cats would say, if they can talk.

No pictures on this update, cause nothing has changed. Physically that is. However the picture of my layout in my head has fortunately have progressed.

I have the track layout planned, and it was inspired by the layout I mentioned in one of my earliest blogs. I wasn't going to follow the rest of the layout, like the buildings nor the scenery. The scale of things are all different in N scale, and of course it doesn't have a Japanese feel to it so it wouldn't have fit with the layout anyways.

However I haven't really thought about all the scenery whilst working on the track. Now that the track is complete, I needed time to process how the scenery will look out. Will it be urban/rural, where do the tunnels go, which parts are mountainous, how high are the hills, how deep the valleys ... well, you get the picture.

So I am just slowly letting it cook in my head. In the shower. On the treadmill. In the car. At work. On the way to work. At home, while watching my train going around the track.

It's a slow process, but I am starting to get a clearer picture of how the landscape will be. I will try to put it in a drawing. One of the main thing is a tram track, point-to-point, with the tracks going on and off the road. Maybe one or two Modemo trams, with an auto-reverse system. Now I just need a tram to test the radius and the incline...

Posted by Andy at 10:10 PM  

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds, Blogger Templates by Blog Forum.