Sunday, October 12, 2008

Setting Up The Base

For the base, I've decided to go with ready made coffee tables ...

I am going my own way with the base.

Firstly I acknowledge that I am not a carpenter, and I do not make my own furniture. Thus, I will not be constructing my own baseboard. Instead, I am using 3 coffee tables (which come from Ikea). On top of each of the coffee tables, I will use 600 x 900 x 16 mm chipped board as board.

Secondly, the height of the base is probably not the standard "viewing height" for model layouts. However I plan on using pillows or just sitting on the carpet to enjoy the model, so the 450 mm coffee table height should be okay.

Posted by Andy at 12:29 AM  

1 comments:

  1. Artificial Science Says:

    Those coffee tables look awfully familiar! I think mine is the same as yours; only, I use mine as a coffee table :D Anyway, this is a nice idea. When I got started modeling, I spent almost an entire day in Ikea trying to find the perfect furniture to play host to a shelf layout. I found exactly one perfect set of shelves that was within my budget, but they had been discontinued and only the (rather dinged up) floor model remained. They could have ordered one from another store, but since I lived twelve hours away, I'd have had to pay for shipping, too, which would have been exorbitant. Anyway, I think these coffee tables are a great idea!

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds, Blogger Templates by Blog Forum.