Monday, December 15, 2008

Rolling Stock Update and Look, Mountains!

Perhaps "because it is there" is not sufficient reason for climbing a mountain ...

My order direct from Japan has arrived. I ordered the 4 car add-on set for the N700 from Kato. This makes my N700 an 8-car set train. That is already snaking long, imagine how long the full 16-car set will be!

I also ordered a light-rail train, the Enoshima Railway type 1000, by Modemo. This beauty will run on the 'tram' line which is currently a proposed point-to-point line running under the mainlines.



Now that I have a clearer picture (in my head) of how the sceneries will work, time to put it in place. Firstly, I use 3mm foam core for the side-board and back-board. The large window openings are there because that section will be a tunnel area.

Next I cover the tunnel using more foam core. Once all area are covered as required, time to scrunch those newspapers and pile them up to form mountains. Secure them with masking tape (lots of masking tape) so they pretty much stay put.

Notice that I actually took the left most section away so I can work on it. Got good advice from the jnsforum to keep the layout sections separate, and it pays out already.

Once all newspaper scrunches are secured, I took the layout back to the main tables and run a final check to make sure all trains can run clear of all those newspaper bits. That's the last pic, next post will be the plestering process using plester cloths .....


Posted by Andy at 10:47 PM  

2 comments:

  1. Artificial Science Says:

    I love the little tram line. This is going to be excellent. I look forward to more photos!

  2. Jerry Says:

    I've enjoyed watching your progress. The Japanese prototypes you are following are fascinating trains, and I agree with the last comment, the Tram line will add some interesting color to the layout!

    Good luck! When you have a minute, I would welcome you to visit my own blog on my N Scale / Unitrack layout venture (although I tend towards European models).

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds, Blogger Templates by Blog Forum.